[  EMB's Main Menu  |  Forum Index  |  Cadastro  |  Search  ]

ENGLISH
PORTUGUESE
 LINGUISTICS & CULTURE

Autor:  m rob
E-mail:  não-disponível
Data:  22/DEZ/2003 7:26 PM
Assunto:  Re: Past perfect

Mensagem:  Thanks Pat and everyone else I suppose whenever i write im in a hurry and so things might seem a bit sharp As I said this way of looking at the structure of the english verb was brought to my attention when i did the cambridge certificate in milan it reflects the actual structure of the verb and throws off thge 'imposed' (received) 'many tenses and many exceptions' paradigm rather than being theoretical it is a simple tool for analysis - it is consistent and rewarding - 2 tenses 2 aspects a series of modals and semi modals - plus various lexical features my students in italy found this explanation simplified and unified their understanding - i suppose presenting info to ss in a class and writinfg about stuff in a forum are so different that the levekl of difficulty in making a cklear explanation i vastly different - in any case it IS useful conceptual framework which IS tailored to the actual language in question in the spirit of smooth communication and exchange of info i am happy to look at and discuss the doubts/weaknesses/ queries about the proposed paradigm if that is useful and if it serves to share info about the lingo

Envie uma resposta
Índice de mensagens

English Made in Brazil -- English, Portuguese, & contrastive linguistics
Past perfect  –  José Roberto  22/DEZ/2003, 12:05 AM
Re: Past perfect  –  michael robertson  22/DEZ/2003, 1:38 AM
Re: Past perfect  –  José Roberto  22/DEZ/2003, 10:47 AM
Re: Past perfect  –  Corretto  23/DEZ/2003, 7:00 AM
Re: Past perfect  –  pat  22/DEZ/2003, 10:54 AM
Re: Past perfect  –  José Roberto  22/DEZ/2003, 11:05 AM
 Re: Past perfect  –  m rob  22/DEZ/2003, 7:26 PM

Contents of this forum are copy-free.
By S&K