ENGLISH
PORTUGUESE
 LINGUISTICS & CULTURE

Autor:  PPAULO
E-mail:  não-disponível
Data:  20/DEZ/2007 9:56 PM
Assunto:  BBC Closing?? [the forum part.]

Mensagem: 

Not at all, I said that the 'Message Board' of them is closing, not the whole site indeed.

Here is my words verbatim:  

''I am thankful to Speak Up and this EMB Forum, and that of BBC in the UK (sadly it is closing in Dec, 21. I am afraid)."

BBC is doing well, thanks; they are in redo mode, so they decided cut some features of them and the "Forum" was one of them.

There were two message Boards, one Communicate and other named Ask, the former you were to anyone that wanted post a message only for communication´s sake; nothing to do grammar and good style. The latter where to post some doubt on grammar, culture, geography and what you have, it where answered usually for teacher or more learned students, you could take the answer for granted or if it had some impropriety you could make some remark, correction, whatever.

The whole stuff was in the Learn English section of BeeBee; a space where anybody of whatever country could participate. The rumour has it, that this decision is for financial reasons, once English people pay a not so little fee and people from abroad could access and participate for free...

BBC policies is that it don´t take money for advertisements, so the government and subscribers, as far as I know, are the ones that bear the burden of its expenditures.

In the Ask part I learned many things on English, so for me it is a sad fact and a gap in the English teaching hard to be filled. That´s all for the time being.

If you want to see how it is today, you must hit  www.bbc.co.uk/dna/mble.

Tomorrow you certainly won´t access no longer, because it will be closed already.

See you again.

PP.

Envie uma resposta
Índice de mensagens

English Made in Brazil -- English, Portuguese, & contrastive linguistics
PPAULO & Márcio never traveled abroad?!?  –  André SR  18/DEZ/2007, 12:15 PM
PPAULO never been abroad...  –  PPAULO  19/DEZ/2007, 1:05 AM
Where it reads....  –  PPAULO  19/DEZ/2007, 1:07 AM
Where it reads....  –  PPAULO  19/DEZ/2007, 1:32 AM
Where it reads....  –  PPAULO  19/DEZ/2007, 2:21 AM
Where it reads....  –  André SR  19/DEZ/2007, 1:23 PM
BBC Closing??  –  Danilo  19/DEZ/2007, 6:18 PM
 BBC Closing?? [the forum part.]  –  PPAULO  20/DEZ/2007, 9:56 PM
PPAULO never been abroad...  –  Brecky  22/DEZ/2007, 8:28 AM
PPAULO & Márcio never traveled abroad?!?  –  Márcio Farias  25/DEZ/2007, 2:02 PM
Closure of MB put off..  –  PPAULO  22/DEZ/2007, 8:26 PM

Contents of this forum are copy-free.
By S&K