[  EMB's Main Menu  |  Forum Index  |  Cadastro  |  Search  ]

ENGLISH
PORTUGUESE
 LINGUISTICS & CULTURE

Autor:  Miguel Vieira
E-mail:  não-disponível
Data:  10/DEZ/2002 9:59 PM
Assunto:  English command and socio-economic class

Mensagem:  Dear friends, I thought I should ask you the following questions: Does one's command of the English language have any socio-economic status implications in Brazil? For example, if an English fluent Brazilian from the lower-middle class or poor class gets in contact with a completely monolingual Brazilian from the upper-middle or upper class, what would be the most probable perception this person (the one from the higher class) get in regards to the poorer person who happens to have command of the English language? I'm just curious for I know that Brazil is an extremely class-structured country. I know you guys don't really answer much of questions, but for this one I would really like a reply. Warmest regards, -Miguel Vieira

Envie uma resposta
Índice de mensagens

English Made in Brazil -- English, Portuguese, & contrastive linguistics
 English command and socio-economic class  –  Miguel Vieira  10/DEZ/2002, 9:59 PM
Re: English command and socio-economic class  –  José Roberto  11/DEZ/2002, 10:27 AM
Re: English command and socio-economic class  –  Miguel Vieira  11/DEZ/2002, 4:08 PM
Re: English command and socio-economic class  –  Friedrich  11/DEZ/2002, 7:02 PM
Re: English command and socio-economic class  –  Dirceu Bunholli  12/DEZ/2002, 11:56 AM
Re: English command and socio-economic class  –  Frierich  12/DEZ/2002, 12:19 PM
Re: English command and socio-economic class  –  Jonas  11/DEZ/2002, 2:13 PM
Re: English command and socio-economic class  –  Ricardo - EMB -  11/DEZ/2002, 5:57 PM
Re: English command and socio-economic class  –  Jonas  11/DEZ/2002, 7:52 PM
Re: English command and socio-economic class  –  André costa  11/DEZ/2002, 8:19 PM

Contents of this forum are copy-free.
By S&K