ENGLISH
PORTUGUESE
 LINGUISTICS & CULTURE

Autor:  Breckenfeld
E-mail:  não-disponível
Data:  01/ABR/2008 8:51 PM
Assunto:  Hell no, I won't go

Mensagem: 

Márcio, you are old enough to be throwing your tantrums! “Hell no, I won’t go”, that sounds like a Viet Nam protester because he’d been drafted and did not want to go to kill “the yellow man”. Manaus isn’t bad. My biological mother was born over there and my half-sister spent three years there because her husband who used to work in the Brazilian Air Force was stationed in Manaus. Well, I myself had the opportunity to get to know Manaus last August when I participated in the 11th ICFSI – International Conference on the Formation of Semiconductor Interfaces. The venue was the five-star Hotel Tropical. The conference was a success and there were158 attendees from 48 countries . There was even a scientist who is a member of the Nobel Prize committee. I spent 10 days there and I made the most of it. A lot of partying and boat rides through the Solimoes and Rio Negro rivers. The meeting of the waters was really something. The greatness of the forest is amazing. Only being there is it possible to grasp it. As for yellow fever I had already renewed the vaccine so I could not care less.  It was a good experience. The Amazon is great, and every Brazilian should get to know it.

Bye!

Envie uma resposta
Índice de mensagens

English Made in Brazil -- English, Portuguese, & contrastive linguistics
TO MARCIO E PPAULO!!!  –  sarah lima  01/ABR/2008, 8:33 AM
Hell no, I won't go  –  Márcio Farias  01/ABR/2008, 8:59 AM
 Hell no, I won't go  –  Breckenfeld  01/ABR/2008, 8:51 PM
Hell no, I won't go  –  Márcio Farias  01/ABR/2008, 11:50 PM
Hell no, I won't go  –  PPAULO  05/ABR/2008, 4:21 PM

Contents of this forum are copy-free.
By S&K