Fórum EMB de Discussões
[  EMB's Main Menu  |  Forum Index  |  Cadastro  |  Search  ]

ENGLISH
PORTUGUESE
 LINGUISTICS & CULTURE

Autor:  Dale/CR
E-mail:  dale_thomas2004@yahoo.com.br
Data:  24/ABR/2008 9:37 PM
Assunto:  Test - adequado para nível avançado?

Mensagem: 

It's unfortunate that the answers were not included in the post.  I found a few things that looked like errors to me.  What do you think?

Woman: I hear that Akihabara is the place where you can find this electronic stuff. So I said, 'Let me go around and look out.'

Let me go around and look.

American man: There are new products here that haven't been introduced in the United States as yet. First is here.

First they are here.

First they are found/seen here.

First they come here.

Kichiya: There is the fridge, and there is a camera inside of the fridge, so you can check the contents from outside using a mobile phone.

I understand that you are using quotes, but some sentences sound very awkward and stilted.  How about:

There is a fridge that has a camera inside of it so you can check the contents from outside using a mobile phone.

Man 1: I think because they're used for this innovation, and they are very keen on going out and shopping for those things.

used to innovation

Man 3: It's nice to see, but I won't buy it. I'm here for looking and watching.

It's nice to look at,

24. According to the reporter, extreme gadgets are a status symbol in Japan. (    )

gadgets are status symbols

26. Do you agree with the idea that Japanese consumers are more likely to try new thinks than people from other countries? Why or why not?

things

Envie uma resposta
Índice de mensagens

English Made in Brazil -- English, Portuguese, & contrastive linguistics
Test - adequado para nível avançado?   –  John Waiss  24/ABR/2008, 4:32 PM
 Test - adequado para nível avançado?   –  Dale/CR  24/ABR/2008, 9:37 PM
Test - adequado para nível avançado?   –  John  29/ABR/2008, 5:09 AM

Contents of this forum are copy-free.
By S&K