Fórum EMB de Discussões
[  EMB's Main Menu  |  Forum Index  |  Cadastro  |  Search  ]

ENGLISH
PORTUGUESE
 LINGUISTICS & CULTURE

Autor:  PPAULO
E-mail:  não-disponível
Data:  04/MAI/2008 6:50 PM
Assunto:  Which is the difference among assist and help?

Mensagem: 

Ha ha ha, very kind of you noticing my living or not condition, it´s that I am experiencing a little trouble with my computer password (I forgot it, can you believe it?).

One, I was changing the password and the computer simply gone south (gone fritz!); as I was so worried with not accessing the web, opening my job archives and all...I remembered the problem of my computer and forgot the new password I had just changed for...alas millions of possible combinations and I gave up at last!

My brother came from Mossoro last week and discovered the problem (with a simple rubbing with a rubber he cleaned up the memory contacts a voilá? but...hold your horses; he called me at work and I gave him the former password...I am not passing through windows up to now (so I am waiting my brother came to Natal, who knows when? I imagine that soon).

Summing up, I am live, lol.

====================

Now, giving Cinthya´s question a shot.  When you talk to a store (or shop or whatever you have) people they have a certain conditioned reflex that is speak to you "Can I help you?".

So, I think I answered your question, the "catch" in here, is to notice that is a call center person that is answering you.

Envie uma resposta
Índice de mensagens

English Made in Brazil -- English, Portuguese, & contrastive linguistics
Which is the difference among assist and help?  –  Cynthia  30/ABR/2008, 2:54 PM
Which is the difference among assist and help?  –  Márcio Farias  30/ABR/2008, 9:37 PM
 Which is the difference among assist and help?  –  PPAULO  04/MAI/2008, 6:50 PM

Contents of this forum are copy-free.
By S&K