[  EMB's Main Menu  |  Forum Index  |  Cadastro  |  Search  ]

ENGLISH
PORTUGUESE
 LINGUISTICS & CULTURE

Autor:  José Roberto
E-mail:  josezambon@merconet.com.br
Data:  16/DEZ/2002 12:23 AM
Assunto:  Re: 'Como' é difícil

Mensagem:  Hello again "A proposito -yes, the kids have a deplorable tendency to use "like" as a verb: ......."she saw George, and she was like, wow! who is that?".... It will be the ruination of our English, I am afraid." I wouldn't say that, on the contrary, because of this dynamic English language lose the declination as German and Latin has, and consequently became that (somehow) simple and dynamic nowadays language, different from Portuguese which the ones who "rule" over the language still maintain very arcaic structures and rules (does anyone here like knowing by heart the hyphen-rule in Portuguese?). Dear Orlando Just remember that dealing with another language we've got to follow instintics as a native speaker of language, I mean, we can't take the other language and use our instintics the way which please us, you can even break the rules but as a native because this dynamic allowed people using "who" instead of knowing by heart when using "who" or "whom", and if I WAS you (in the past someone would correct me saying that I have to use if I were..but thank God language is a complex and mutant process) I would learn the "difficult" because we all have something new and very interesting to learn from every one :)

Envie uma resposta
Índice de mensagens

English Made in Brazil -- English, Portuguese, & contrastive linguistics
'Como' é difícil  –  Dirceu Bunholli  13/DEZ/2002, 10:59 AM
Re: 'Como' é difícil  –  André Costa  13/DEZ/2002, 11:16 AM
Re: 'Como' é difícil  –  pat brown  14/DEZ/2002, 5:18 PM
Re: 'Como' é difícil  –  José Roberto  14/DEZ/2002, 12:12 AM
Re: 'Como' é difícil  –  orlando  14/DEZ/2002, 4:32 PM
 Re: 'Como' é difícil  –  José Roberto  16/DEZ/2002, 12:23 AM
Re: 'Como' é difícil  –  pat brown  16/DEZ/2002, 4:39 PM

Contents of this forum are copy-free.
By S&K