[  EMB's Main Menu  |  Forum Index  |  Cadastro  |  Search  ]

ENGLISH
PORTUGUESE
 LINGUISTICS & CULTURE

Autor:  PPAULO
E-mail:  não-disponível
Data:  11/JUN/2008 10:06 PM
Assunto:  Re: Think in English, a mag.

Mensagem:       To you that live in Rio, SP or the likes, some time ago was issued a mag "Think in  English".
    It is a English magazine a la Speak Up, but I think it is better in a number of ways (sadly,  I have to deplore it in one aspect: the words that explain words, the "rodapé" stuff, sort of is written in very small letters (I do mean "tiny" letters!).
   In all other aspects, the pictures, the colors, the texts are superb (in fact, I am in love with it...but I think it will a passing passion, an Autum passion one...´cause I think that in Natal there is not selling of it, such a pity!
  Because of that, I am wrapping four of them; plus four Habla and taking with me when I come back to the sticks of Natal...
  Funny enough, everyone that I chat a little in here says: Wow! Natal is a beautiful city, yada yada yada...I have mixed feelings about Natal, lousy Politicians, almost none infra-structure, ignorance, unemployment and misery is rampant in there...Let´s leave it at that, I perhaps am venting my home sickness...(I mean, the longing for home, not sure if is "home sickness" the term that fits well.
  Coming back to square one, the THINK IN ENGLISH magazine, if you are from Southeast or if you can afford to it, I recommend.   I have had the best of impressions, up to now.
  Not that I am going abandon Speak Up, not at all, I am faithful to the old marriage, LOL.
  Bye.

Envie uma resposta
Índice de mensagens

English Made in Brazil -- English, Portuguese, & contrastive linguistics
 Re: Think in English, a mag.  –  PPAULO  11/JUN/2008, 10:06 PM
Re: Think in English, a mag.  –  Márcio Farias  11/JUN/2008, 11:35 PM
Re: Think in English, a mag.  –  PPAULO  12/JUN/2008, 7:08 PM
Re: Guia de Idiomas.  –  PPAULO  16/JUN/2008, 8:55 PM
Re: Guia de Idiomas.  –  PPAULO  23/JUN/2008, 9:01 PM

Contents of this forum are copy-free.
By S&K