[  EMB's Main Menu  |  Forum Index  |  Cadastro  |  Search  ]

ENGLISH
PORTUGUESE
 LINGUISTICS & CULTURE

Autor:  Dale/RS
E-mail:  dale.thomas@hy.com.br
Data:  16/JUN/2008 11:36 PM
Assunto:  Text

Mensagem:  is currently =  (simple present)
Currently they are filming = (simpre present continuous)

<>   <>   <>   <>   <>   <>   <>   <>   <>   <>   <>   <>   <>   <>   <>   <>   <>   <>  

I´m going to talk about this book that I just finished reading.  It's (simple present) called Twilight.  It's (simple present) a love story about a normal girl that moves (simple present) into a sunless town where she meets (simple present) an unusual family of unbelieveably beautiful people.  Later she finds (simple present) out they are (simple present) vampires.

The love part starts (simple present) when the girl, Bella, falls (simple present) in love with Edward, the youngest of the vampire family.  He also falls (simple present) in love with her, but at the same time he craves (simple present) her blood.

While I was reading the book, I couldn't help but compare it with Harry Potter.  They  share (simple present) similiar fantasies.  However, Twilight is (simple present) for a far more mature audience than the story of the young wizard.

Currently under production, the film "Twilight" is (simple present) bringing vampires back from the dead in a movie that sucks (simple present).

Envie uma resposta
Índice de mensagens

English Made in Brazil -- English, Portuguese, & contrastive linguistics
Text  –  sarah lima  16/JUN/2008, 12:40 PM
Text  –  Dale/RS  16/JUN/2008, 2:07 PM
Text  –  sarah lima  16/JUN/2008, 2:53 PM
Text  –  sarah lima  16/JUN/2008, 3:02 PM
 Text  –  Dale/RS  16/JUN/2008, 11:36 PM

Contents of this forum are copy-free.
By S&K