ENGLISH
PORTUGUESE
 LINGUISTICS & CULTURE

Autor:  PPAULO
E-mail:  não-disponível
Data:  03/OUT/2008 11:25 AM
Assunto:  Re: Congratulations.

Mensagem: 

Thank you for coming and expressing your acknowledgement, Alexandre.

We come here for fun, for friendship, for helping others out, and for learning too.

Brazilians come here in pursuit of reading English texts and answers elaborated by

English natives and having a "taste" of their culture and, in the top of all this, having

a sample of how English is dynamic. Since, a good part of questions are about words

that either are not easily found in a dictionary or are but not with a a clean-cut example.

We incentive the learner to search, to exercise, and to be creative.  Plus, we try stimulate him to use his critical sense; in other words, he see for himself and not only

"buy" what we are presenting.

And yes, I spend a lot of time here (being a more-than-busy guy) but I think that is a great achievement of mine, when I see people learning something.   May it be English, Portuguese, Spanish, German, whatever you have, I feel good when I see people around improving.

As for the website´s  owner, staff and contributors in any way, I am sure they are

smart and good-natured.  I myself must thank my lucky star for finding this site and people that kindly have answered my questions and cleared my doubts.

Also my thanks for the ones that have been patient enough to read my not so bright messages.

And last but no least, always someone is experiencing any difficulty in his study or readings come to us.  There are plenty of people with professional skills, the natives with their insights (maestro Dale, for example) and a lot of lowly learners like me.

Thanks. 

Envie uma resposta
Índice de mensagens

English Made in Brazil -- English, Portuguese, & contrastive linguistics
congratulations  –  alexandre aguiar  02/OUT/2008, 2:13 PM
 Re: Congratulations.  –  PPAULO  03/OUT/2008, 11:25 AM
Re: Congratulations.  –  LilBoyTeenager  03/OUT/2008, 7:08 PM
Re: Congratulations.  –  LilBoyTeenager  03/OUT/2008, 7:11 PM
Re: Congratulations.  –  PPAULO  03/OUT/2008, 9:29 PM
Re: Congratulations.  –  LilBoyTeenager  06/OUT/2008, 12:41 PM
Re: Congratulations.  –  PPAULO  06/OUT/2008, 9:09 PM
Re: Congratulations.  –  LilBoyTeenager  06/OUT/2008, 11:48 PM