ENGLISH
PORTUGUESE
 LINGUISTICS & CULTURE

Autor:  Dale/CR
E-mail:  dale_thomas2004@yahoo.com.br
Data:  09/OUT/2008 4:52 PM
Assunto:  Form

Mensagem: 
I would suggest you go to a seamstress.  A tailor would be even better.  You need a "tape measure" made of cloth, not metal.  It needs to measure in inches, not in centimeters.  This should not be  difficult to find.

The neck (collar) size is usually the shirt size.  Usually.  I'm surprised that  you asked for the shirt size AND the neck measurement. 
(a) Do you know if you will be wearing long sleeves?  If you are, you need to measure the length of your arms.  (This is from the point between your arms [your spine] and your wrist [where you want the sleeve to stop].  You should have a size something like "15 - 32".  (15 = neck, 32 = sleeve)
(b) Sometimes shirt are sold in sizes S, M, L, XL.  If you wear a size medium in Brazil, you will probably want a small in the USA.  The  Internet will probably have tables showing the relation between neck size and S, M, L, XL.  If you can't find a table, ask and I will help.
(a) Pant size will be the waist measurement.
(b) The inseam is the measurement from the bottom of the pants to where the two legs met at the groin.  (Not to the waist!)
(c) Pant size is usually given something like this:  W32, L31.  (W = waist, L = length of inseam).
Belt size is usually an inch larger than the waist measurement.  Different people  measure belts in different ways.
You can measure your head in inches and convert it to hat size, or you can convert centimeters to hat size.  Go to the website below for details.

http://www.onlineconversion.com/clothing_mens.htm

Envie uma resposta
Índice de mensagens

English Made in Brazil -- English, Portuguese, & contrastive linguistics
Form  –  Deivis  09/OUT/2008, 4:08 PM
 Form  –  Dale/CR  09/OUT/2008, 4:52 PM
Form  –  Schlong  09/OUT/2008, 10:26 PM
Form  –  Deivis  10/OUT/2008, 1:11 AM
Form  –  Dale/CR  10/OUT/2008, 1:46 AM
Re: Form  –  PPAULO  10/OUT/2008, 7:51 PM

Contents of this forum are copy-free.
By S&K