[  EMB's Main Menu  |  Forum Index  |  Cadastro  |  Search  ]

ENGLISH
PORTUGUESE
 LINGUISTICS & CULTURE

Autor:  Mad Max
E-mail:  não-disponível
Data:  05/FEV/2004 10:30 AM
Assunto:  Re: Alimentos comuns na Inglaterra

Mensagem:  Well, I'm living in England now and i can tell you that you can find food from all over the world here (at least in London). They have an infinite variety of restaurants. However, it can be quite expensive to eat in a restaurant often. In the supermarket you can find rice and beans though the beans are not like ours. Instead, they are canned beans. As to the rice, you can easily find it here and the prices varies depending on the "brand" of the rice. It is really more expensive than ours, but it is affordable. Fruit is also expensive, as an example, you would pay over £1, which is more than 5 reais for 7 bananas. Beef is not that expensive though! However, you must be aware of the kind of meat you're buying due to the "mad cow" issues. The most common English dish is baked potatoes with gravy(a sauce they use here)with chicken or turkey. You can buy a whole chicken for £3 or £3.50 either roasted or not. As an alternative you can also buy pasta, which is not so expensive here and it's easy to prepare. The same goes for pizzas... Since i'm a student and a terrible cooker i often buy the "ready foods" that you can put either into the oven or microwave. That's it, mate! Hope that helps... Mad Max

Envie uma resposta
Índice de mensagens

English Made in Brazil -- English, Portuguese, & contrastive linguistics
Alimentos comuns na Inglaterra  –  Jorge Santos  05/FEV/2004, 9:51 AM
 Re: Alimentos comuns na Inglaterra  –  Mad Max  05/FEV/2004, 10:30 AM
Re: Alimentos comuns na Inglaterra  –  Jorge Santos  05/FEV/2004, 10:46 AM
Re: Alimentos comuns na Inglaterra  –  Mad Max  05/FEV/2004, 11:00 AM
Re: Alimentos comuns na Inglaterra  –  João Barros  05/FEV/2004, 5:05 PM

Contents of this forum are copy-free.
By S&K