[  EMB's Main Menu  |  Forum Index  |  Cadastro  |  Search  ]

ENGLISH
PORTUGUESE
 LINGUISTICS & CULTURE

Autor:  Dale/CR
E-mail:  dale_thomas2004@yahoo.com.br
Data:  23/OUT/2008 12:07 PM
Assunto:  LBT is wrathful :-@

Mensagem:  You're young, and young people are by nature immature.  I guess I shouldn't expect more from you.  As PPaulo implied, you are biting the hand that feeds you.  No, not "hand".  I think  "hands" applies here as you have been insulting lots of people of late.

As a native speaker, I'd never heard of the "The Flapping Rule" before you mentioned it.  Why should I?  This is something for EFL and ESL students, not for people who grew up speaking the language.

As for my post, I found thousands of hits when I went to Google.  THOUSANDS.  If I found them, anyone can.  I wasn't being sarcastic, merely pointing out that a lot of information is available to you on the Internet.  And, remember, "The Flapping Rule" is something I've lived without knowing for years.  I don't know it, don't need to know it, and have no interest in learning it.  However, I took the time to search for it on Google, something that you didn't do.  I was not being sarcastic.  Maybe you'd like people to wipe your nose for you, do your laundry, and clean up after you too.  Now I'm being sarcastic.  Can you see the difference?

"LBT is being wraithful"?   I can think of a number of adjectives that could replace "wraithful" and give more universally accepted descriptions.  I'm not being sarcastic, meaning telling it like it is.

Envie uma resposta
Índice de mensagens

English Made in Brazil -- English, Portuguese, & contrastive linguistics
Flapping Rule  –  LilBoyTeenager15  19/OUT/2008, 3:16 AM
Flapping Rule  –  Juca Balla  19/OUT/2008, 9:51 AM
Flapping Rule  –  LilBoyTeenager  19/OUT/2008, 1:55 PM
LBT is wrathful :-@  –  LilBoyTeenager  20/OUT/2008, 10:08 PM
LBT is wrathful :-@  –  Dale/CR  21/OUT/2008, 6:47 PM
LBT is wrathful :-@  –  LilBoyTeenager  21/OUT/2008, 10:28 PM
LBT is wrathful :-@  –  PPAULO  21/OUT/2008, 10:51 PM
LBT is wrathful :-@  –  LilBoyTeenager  21/OUT/2008, 11:06 PM
LBT is wrathful :-@  –  PPAULO  22/OUT/2008, 7:52 PM