Fórum EMB de Discussões
[  EMB's Main Menu  |  Forum Index  |  Cadastro  |  Search  ]

ENGLISH
PORTUGUESE
 LINGUISTICS & CULTURE

Autor:  keyla
E-mail:  não-disponível
Data:  09/FEV/2004 7:08 PM
Assunto:  Re: traduzindo l.f. veríssimo ONE MORE TO M ROB!!

Mensagem:  Hey m rob, I was wondering if you could help me a bit more... I didn't understand some of your doubts concerning the text and I also wanted a few more suggestions to make the text clearer and natural. Well, here they are: 1) the ideas that never left the paper because of this damned mania for living in (for?) the Fall. - what is wrong here? mania FOR? 2)I sometimes wonder what makes us choose a lukewarm life, or rather, I don't wonder, I contest (challenge?/dispute?). - I used the word "contest" based on the definition bellow: "If you contest a formal statement, a claim, a judge's decision, or a legal case, you say formally that it is wrong or unfair and try to have it changed" (cambridge dictionary)... was it inappropriate to use "contest"? what word would suit better in this case? 3)If virtue were really (in a?) compromise (??), the oceans wouldn't have waves, the days would be cloudy and the rainbow would be in tones of gray - I meant that compromising ( lowering your standards )is not a virtue ( a good moral quality )... would it still sound strange if I wrote " If virtue were really a compromise..."?

Envie uma resposta
Índice de mensagens

English Made in Brazil -- English, Portuguese, & contrastive linguistics
traduzindo l.f. veríssimo  –  keyla  07/FEV/2004, 4:03 PM
Re: traduzindo l.f. veríssimo  –  m rob  07/FEV/2004, 11:27 PM
Re: traduzindo l.f. veríssimo  –  keyla  09/FEV/2004, 6:33 PM
Re: traduzindo l.f. veríssimo  –  M rob  10/FEV/2004, 7:14 AM
 Re: traduzindo l.f. veríssimo ONE MORE TO M ROB!!  –  keyla  09/FEV/2004, 7:08 PM
Re: traduzindo l.f. veríssimo ONE MORE TO M ROB!!  –  Tom  09/FEV/2004, 7:23 PM
thanks to everyone!!!  –  keyla  11/FEV/2004, 8:40 PM
Re: traduzindo l.f. veríssimo ONE MORE TO M ROB!!  –  oneguinho  11/FEV/2004, 1:03 AM
Re: traduzindo l.f. veríssimo  –  oneguinho  11/FEV/2004, 1:12 AM

Contents of this forum are copy-free.
By S&K