[  EMB's Main Menu  |  Forum Index  |  Cadastro  |  Search  ]

ENGLISH
PORTUGUESE
 LINGUISTICS & CULTURE

Autor:  Marcelo Maciel de Almeida
E-mail:  mmacieldealmeida@yahoo.com
Data:  09/FEV/2004 10:48 PM
Assunto:  Teaching with Songs

Mensagem:  Hi, everyone!!! I am a Language and Literature student from "Universidade Federal de Uberlândia" and I have been teaching in an English private instutue called Yes! Idiomas. I have some problems when choosing some songs to my students. When I started teaching for a teenager group, I didn't know groups related to these students, so I had some problems, because I guess my taste for music is completely different from the students. At the first class I brought a song from the Irish singer Enya. I wrote some motivation words together with the song. The song was "Only if..." I would like to know if when you are teaching songs, what are the types of exercises you develop with your students. Sometimes I find some very interesting songs in which there is a grammatical focus. But sometimes, I don't find interesting songs and I am worried about the usage of these songs. By the way, could you tell me songs that you use to teach English? I would also like to know about some dynamics I could use on the classroom. Thanks for the forum, Marcelo Maciel de Almeida

Envie uma resposta
Índice de mensagens

English Made in Brazil -- English, Portuguese, & contrastive linguistics
 Teaching with Songs  –  Marcelo Maciel de Almeida  09/FEV/2004, 10:48 PM
Re: Teaching with Songs  –  Rachiel  09/FEV/2004, 11:52 PM
Re: Teaching with Songs  –  Mr. Comprton  10/FEV/2004, 1:00 AM
Re: Teaching with Songs  –  carmen  10/FEV/2004, 9:03 AM

Contents of this forum are copy-free.
By S&K