[  EMB's Main Menu  |  Forum Index  |  Cadastro  |  Search  ]

ENGLISH
PORTUGUESE
 LINGUISTICS & CULTURE

Autor:  Miguel Vieira
E-mail:  não-disponível
Data:  23/DEZ/2002 9:08 PM
Assunto:  Possible TOEFL score

Mensagem:  Dear Ricardo, I was just reading the EMB page about the non-native speaker with a hypothetical 600+ TOEFL score. In a way I envision myself being that person. As I said in one of my previous messages, I'm originally from the Cape Verde Islands. I was still in my teens when I came (1994). I went to High School here. Unfortunately, however, I couldn't get in to a regular four year college when I graduated from High School. Believe it or not, my English was not at a collegiate level at all upon graduating from High School. However, it has improved dramatically in last three years or so. Anyway, I decided to enroll in a local community college here in Rhode Island. I never took the TOEFL test as community colleges don't require that non-native students take it. Nevertheless, I was just wondering how I would do if I were to take the TOEFL test right now. So, given your perception of the quality of my written English, based on my postings, what score would you say I would most likely achieve. I'm just curious. Please reply and let me know what you think best regards, -Miguel Vieira

Envie uma resposta
Índice de mensagens

English Made in Brazil -- English, Portuguese, & contrastive linguistics
 Possible TOEFL score  –  Miguel Vieira  23/DEZ/2002, 9:08 PM
Re: Possible TOEFL score  –  Ricardo - EMB -  24/DEZ/2002, 11:05 AM

Contents of this forum are copy-free.
By S&K