ENGLISH
PORTUGUESE
 LINGUISTICS & CULTURE

Autor:  PPAULO
E-mail:  não-disponível
Data:  22/DEZ/2008 8:23 PM
Assunto:  À medida que ...

Mensagem: 

No terreno da sedução sofremos uma grande depreciação, pois à medida que a experiência nos torna mais exigentes, nos torna também menos interessantes.

With regard to seduction, we suffer a fast depreciation. As we become more demanding with experience we also become less attractive.

=========================================

I have another view, neither opposite or the same as above, but one different:

''With regard to seduction, we suffer a rapid decrease in it. As while/at the same time that/ according as  we become more demanding through experience we also become less attractive. ''

1-Something, I don´t know what, strikes me as awkward in the usage of "seduction" here, for seduction comes into whatever age you can think about.  It´s not matter of experience.   Conversely, many women became more attractive by being inteligent and with maturity (easier said here than explained, so I leave it to peer comments).

The fact is, the more a woman takes advantage of her experience, broadly speaking, the more she atract people around.

2-The depreciation part I preffer leave it out, such a strong word.  Sounds like a bit of low esteem is shadowing the sentence.  Cheer up and chin up lady!

Envie uma resposta
Índice de mensagens

English Made in Brazil -- English, Portuguese, & contrastive linguistics
À medida que ...  –  Josi  22/DEZ/2008, 7:35 PM
 À medida que ...  –  PPAULO  22/DEZ/2008, 8:23 PM
À medida que ...  –  PPAULO  22/DEZ/2008, 8:34 PM

Contents of this forum are copy-free.
By S&K