[  EMB's Main Menu  |  Forum Index  |  Cadastro  |  Search  ]

ENGLISH
PORTUGUESE
 LINGUISTICS & CULTURE

Autor:  Tom
E-mail:  não-disponível
Data:  12/FEV/2004 10:03 AM
Assunto:  Re: 51st State Re: Inglês Canadense

Mensagem:  It's true about the toilets. When the law was passed that called for toilets that use less water (to save the environment) the new style toilets just didn't do the job correctly. When flushed they left some residue in the toilet bowl. Canada didn't have the new law and their toilets still worked correctly. So, people building new homes would install the environmentally correct toilets and then have the home inspected by the building inspectors. Then they would drive over to Canada and get a better toilet and bring it back. Not everyone did this. But it did happen frequently in those states with a commmon border with Canada. I think most of us feel like the Canadians are part of the family. They have a very similar culture. I don't consider them just another US state. One of the most prized vacations in the world is to travel across Canada by train in the fall and see the mountains, forests, rivers, lakes, sunsets, etc. It's on my "gotta do before I die list" and I plan on doing it.

Envie uma resposta
Índice de mensagens

English Made in Brazil -- English, Portuguese, & contrastive linguistics
Inglês Canadense  –  Otavio  11/FEV/2004, 2:55 PM
Re: Inglês Canadense  –  Tom  11/FEV/2004, 4:01 PM
Re: Inglês Canadense  –  João Barros  11/FEV/2004, 4:14 PM
Re: Inglês Canadense  –  keyla  11/FEV/2004, 8:58 PM
Re: Inglês Canadense  –  João Barros  11/FEV/2004, 4:10 PM
Re: Inglês Canadense  –  oneguinho  11/FEV/2004, 11:24 PM
51st State Re: Inglês Canadense  –  Hanns  12/FEV/2004, 4:47 AM
 Re: 51st State Re: Inglês Canadense  –  Tom  12/FEV/2004, 10:03 AM

Contents of this forum are copy-free.