[  EMB's Main Menu  |  Forum Index  |  Cadastro  |  Search  ]

ENGLISH
PORTUGUESE
 LINGUISTICS & CULTURE

Autor:  Francisco
E-mail:  não-disponível
Data:  13/FEV/2004 1:49 AM
Assunto:  Re: Inglês no exterior

Mensagem:  If you have friends in the country where you intend to go is easier to find a job, at least a part-time. But do not have false hopes because the American dream is the Brazilian nightmare, and without proper documentation any individual won't go very far. Even for McDonald's or Starbucks people have to show a Social Security Number, which is something similar to the Brazilian CIC/CPF. Most low paying jobs only ask for a social security card and a valid ID, which is a student ID, American driver's license, state ID - but if you have friends in the States that could give you a hand that would be a lot easier. As far as Canada I don't know how the illegals get around and find their jobs - in England it's about the same, you have to have friends that could tell you how to get started. When I say friends, it is friends that are honest and frank. I've seen lots of liars deceiving innocent people here in the States - sometimes that guy you thought was your best friend comes to America and think now he's king. Bring enough money for at least a couple of months, and if you can't find a job or make any money than your best choice would be to go back home. Try www.hansalang.com it's one the most affordable schools in Canada and they're very good. Also try www.ci.com.br they could tell you how to find an internship in the States. Best of luck for you

Envie uma resposta
Índice de mensagens

English Made in Brazil -- English, Portuguese, & contrastive linguistics
Inglês no exterior  –  Fausto  12/FEV/2004, 7:46 PM
 Re: Inglês no exterior  –  Francisco  13/FEV/2004, 1:49 AM
Re: Inglês no exterior  –  Elsa  13/FEV/2004, 8:07 AM
Re: Inglês no exterior  –  Johannes  13/FEV/2004, 8:57 AM

Contents of this forum are copy-free.
By S&K