[  EMB's Main Menu  |  Forum Index  |  Cadastro  |  Search  ]

ENGLISH
PORTUGUESE
 LINGUISTICS & CULTURE

Autor:  Tom
E-mail:  não-disponível
Data:  14/FEV/2004 7:51 PM
Assunto:  Re: p/ Carmen, Dilma e Tom sobre foto

Mensagem:  Carmen, After about 25 days of doing the chemo treatment I thought my face and forehead were on fire. It was like having a really bad sunburn or maybe having the stove explode when trying to light the pilot light. Then it cooled off and I started to peel (descascar). For a week I looked like all of my face was falling off (before I looked like a leper). Now, I've got new skin and am getting back to my normal color. What this means is the treatment worked. I got out from under my skin the problems that could have become skin cancer in the future. Now I can start going to the beach again! Sounds dumb, I know....but I did the treatment to resolve 60 years of being out in the sun too much without the proper protection. I now know what protection to use (SPF 30 with zinc oxide and a good hat). I'm glad that I have a good dermatologist. I have never been to a Rainforest restaurant. We have seen the one in Nashville, Tennessee. Maybe we will go to the one in Tampa this spring when I go to the wedding of a nephew. If I'm in Tampa or Olando I'd rather look for a Brazilian or Cuban restaurant and eat the closest thing on the menu to "tutu a mineira." It sure would be nice to be in Brazil for Carnival. We have Mardi Gras here but it's just not the same. These people don't have the slightest idea about samba. Don't worry about your photo. It's great. Thanks for sending it to Richard to post, Tom

Envie uma resposta
Índice de mensagens

English Made in Brazil -- English, Portuguese, & contrastive linguistics
p/ Carmen, Dilma e Tom sobre foto  –  Joao Barros  13/FEV/2004, 7:11 PM
Re: p/ Carmen, Dilma e Tom sobre foto  –  Tom  13/FEV/2004, 7:27 PM
Re: p/ Carmen, Dilma e Tom sobre foto  –  carmen  14/FEV/2004, 7:39 PM
 Re: p/ Carmen, Dilma e Tom sobre foto  –  Tom  14/FEV/2004, 7:51 PM
Re: p/ Carmen, Dilma e Tom sobre foto  –  João Barros  14/FEV/2004, 11:15 PM
Re: p/ Carmen, Dilma e Tom sobre foto  –  DILMA  14/FEV/2004, 6:32 PM
Re: p/ Carmen, Dilma e Tom sobre foto  –  Tom  14/FEV/2004, 7:41 PM
Re: p/ Carmen  –  Johannes  15/FEV/2004, 8:05 AM
Re: p/ Carmen  –  carmen  15/FEV/2004, 8:22 PM