Fórum EMB de Discussões
[  EMB's Main Menu  |  Forum Index  |  Cadastro  |  Search  ]

Autor:  Tom
E-mail:  não-disponível
Data:  16/FEV/2004 10:15 AM
Assunto:  Re: Wadage
Mensagem:  I never heard of the word. Possibly it's a variation of the word wad NOUN: 1. A small mass of soft material, often folded or rolled, used for padding, stuffing, or packing. 2. A compressed ball, roll, or lump, as of tobacco or chewing gum. 3a. A plug, as of cloth or paper, used to retain a powder charge in a muzzleloading gun or cannon. b. A disk, as of felt or paper, used to keep the powder and shot in place in a shotgun cartridge. 4. Informal A large amount: a wad of troubles. 5. Informal a. A sizable roll of paper money. b. A considerable amount of money. VERB: Inflected forms: wad·ded, wad·ding, wads TRANSITIVE VERB: 1. To compress into a wad. 2. To pad, pack, line, or plug with wadding. 3a. To hold (shot or powder) in place with a wad. b. To insert a wad into (a firearm). INTRANSITIVE VERB: To form into a wad. ETYMOLOGY: Origin unknown.

Envie uma resposta
Índice de mensagens

 English Made in Brazil -- English, Portuguese, & contrastive linguistics
Wadage  –  Silvio.  16/FEV/2004, 10:02 AM
 Re: Wadage  –  Tom  16/FEV/2004, 10:15 AM
Re: Wadage  –  Tom  16/FEV/2004, 11:29 AM
Re: Wadage  –  Silvio  16/FEV/2004, 11:45 AM
Re: Wadage R rated response  –  Tom  16/FEV/2004, 12:26 PM
Re: Wadage R rated response  –  Silvio  16/FEV/2004, 1:19 PM
Re: Wadage  –  Marcia  16/FEV/2004, 12:18 PM

Contents of this forum are copy-free.
By S&K