ENGLISH
PORTUGUESE
 LINGUISTICS & CULTURE

Autor:  PPAULO
E-mail:  não-disponível
Data:  07/MAR/2009 4:32 PM
Assunto:  off the legde

Mensagem: 

Hi, buddies I found another (possible) context, once the sentence really don´t often show up in dictionaries...

http://forum.wordreference.com/showthread.php?t=393174

Well, at least the imagery is cool; somebody is dangerously close to falling off the ledge...then somebody else try to talk him down off the ledge (persuade not to do what he/she thinks is good to he/her.   It fits well to some of the next Web excerpts that I took. See.

PK's Olympic Odyssey - [ Traduzir esta página ]I’m assuming they are to keep you from walking off the ledge and onto the tracks. .... The dictionary definition of breathtaking is: thrillingly beautiful, .... (that was a synonym, all other words will be in bold) items in this article. ..... The over /under is 1.5, that means you have to guess if 1.5 girls will ...

Polite Dissent - [ Traduzir esta página ]This means that whatever is affecting Harmon is affecting his daughter as well. ...... is able to talk him down off the ledge and get him the help he needs. ...... Second, given the definition of homeopathy, how can one be a homeopathic surgeon? ... I suspect that Vaughan is using “homeopathic” as a synonym for ...
www.politedissent.com/index.php?s=surgeon&submit=search - 712k -

RGE - 20 Reasons Why the U.S. Consumer is Capitulating, thus ... - [ Traduzir esta página ]Will someone please talk me off the ledge? ..... Nouriel, does this mean he is banned from the related sites? ..... There is only one word to describe what we are experiencing: BRUTAL!, or any synonym thereof. ...... However, I assume your definition of "happiness" is broader than simply the self-centered ...

The Perfect World - [ Traduzir esta página ]She spelled it out to me, but I'm not positive that that means it's correct! ...... get every time they swing by and talk me down off the ledge re: gas appliances? ...... and standard dictionary definitions consider them to be synonyms. ...
www.theperfectworld.us/archive/Posts_71p19.html - 478k - Em cache - Páginas Semelhantes
Bruceclay.com - July 2007 Archives - Search Engine Optimization ... - [ Traduzir esta página ]However, if you make that site means something to users and provides them some ..... naturally working in keyword synonyms to make yourself more well-rounded (Use ..... Google's Niniane Wang co-created a site to talk women off the ledge when ...... Google Video, Wikipedia articles and Dictionary.com definitions. ...
www.bruceclay.com/blog/archives/2007/07/ - 216k - Em cache - Páginas Semelhantes

Envie uma resposta
Índice de mensagens

English Made in Brazil -- English, Portuguese, & contrastive linguistics
off the legde  –  LauraSS  07/MAR/2009, 2:48 PM
off the legde  –  Gustavo_RJ.  07/MAR/2009, 3:35 PM
 off the legde  –  PPAULO  07/MAR/2009, 4:32 PM
off the legde  –  Dale/CR  07/MAR/2009, 4:12 PM
off the legde  –  PPAULO  07/MAR/2009, 4:53 PM
off the legde  –  Johannes  07/MAR/2009, 6:55 PM

Contents of this forum are copy-free.
By S&K