[  EMB's Main Menu  |  Forum Index  |  Cadastro  |  Search  ]

ENGLISH
PORTUGUESE
 LINGUISTICS & CULTURE

Autor:  Márcio Farias
E-mail:  marcio_osorio@oi.com.br
Data:  17/MAR/2009 8:54 PM
Assunto:  Superfaturado

Mensagem:  Paulo S, not so fast. Only today did I think of (or come up with) "over-invoicing" as more than just an adequate term for "The provision of an invoice that reports the price as higher than is actually being paid."

Back in the 80s I worked for a couple of business concerns actually engaged or solely interested in the afore-mentioned practice, that of deliberate "overbilling" or "over(-)invoicing."

INSS often took the other end of the brown stick when it came to bidding for hospital equipments. This hospital-lab equipment supplier for which I worked had this sister "phanton" (or fake) hospital-lab equipment supplier for which I'd at times serve as a nearly de-facto seller. As INSS required the bid of three hospital equipment suppliers, three suppliers applied for and showed up for the bid. INSS's chief of the Bidding and Buying Dept would approve one of three bids often turning down the fake hospital-lab supplier's "oustanding" bidding price. He'd then get a 10% check commission over the total agreed on.

Long story here. The bidding made me sick, for I knew all the bidding companies resorted to underhanded means to beef up their revenues or a way to insanely bore as many a "rombo" (know word for it?) as they could into INSS.

See you later. Or sooner.

Envie uma resposta
Índice de mensagens

English Made in Brazil -- English, Portuguese, & contrastive linguistics
Superfaturado  –  LIMA  16/MAR/2009, 5:21 PM
Superfaturado  –  Paulo S  16/MAR/2009, 6:02 PM
Superfaturado  –  LIMA  16/MAR/2009, 6:14 PM
Superfaturado  –  Márcio Farias  16/MAR/2009, 6:57 PM
Superfaturado  –  Márcio Farias  16/MAR/2009, 9:15 PM
Superfaturado  –  Paulo S  17/MAR/2009, 8:20 AM
Superfaturado  –  LIMA  17/MAR/2009, 9:27 AM
 Superfaturado  –  Márcio Farias  17/MAR/2009, 8:54 PM