LINGUISTICS & CULTURE

Autor:  PPAULO
E-mail:  não-disponível
Data:  09/MAI/2009 12:17 PM
Assunto:  To Bel, and all of you. Mother´s Day_Mom´s Day

Mensagem: 

Continued...
============================================================
   In the U.S., in 1908 Ana Jarvis, from Grafton, West Virginia, began a campaign to establish a national Mother's Day. Jarvis persuaded her mother's church in Grafton, West Virginia to celebrate Mother's Day on the anniversary of her mother's death.

A memorial service was held there on May 10, 1908 and in Philadelphia the following year where Jarvis moved.

Jarvis and others began a letter-writing campaign to ministers, businessmen, and  politicians in their quest to establish a national Mother's Day. They were successful.    President Woodrow Wilson, in 1914, made the official announcement proclaiming Mother's Day a national observance that was to be held each year on the 2nd Sunday of May.

Many other countries of the world celebrate their own Mother's Day at different times throughout the year. Denmark, Finland, Italy, Turkey, Australia, and Belgium celebrate Mother's Day on the second Sunday in May, as in the U.S.

===================================================

http://www.kidsturncentral.com/holidays/mothers/momday.htm
Celebrating Mother's Day
"We only have One Mom, One Mommy, One Mother in this World, One life. Don't wait for the Tomorrow's to tell Mom, you love her"

The first Mother's Day observance was a church service honoring Mrs. Anna Reese Jarvis, held at Anna Jarvis's request in Grafton, West Virginia, and in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, on May 10, 1908.

http://www.kidsturncentral.com/holidays/mothers/mcert.htm
Print out this
Mother's Day Certificate
for the special "mom" in your life
Print out this fun Mother's Day certificate to give to a your mom!! Just print and clip around the border.

World's  GREATEST  Mom
                                      In honor of:___________________________

You love me whether I am good or bad.
               You take care of me night and day.
               You make me feel special even when I don't feel so special.
               You make me happy when I am sad.
               You don't complain or call it a "job".
               You are my Mom and I will always love you!

Love always.........

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

I bet you will win at least a hug and a kiss!

Envie uma resposta
Índice de mensagens

English Made in Brazil -- English, Portuguese, & contrastive linguistics
To Bel, and all of you. Mother´s Day_Mom´s Day  –  PPAULO  09/MAI/2009, 12:13 PM
 To Bel, and all of you. Mother´s Day_Mom´s Day  –  PPAULO  09/MAI/2009, 12:17 PM

Contents of this forum are copy-free.
By S&K