ENGLISH
PORTUGUESE
 LINGUISTICS & CULTURE

Autor:  PPAULO
E-mail:  não-disponível
Data:  16/MAI/2009 5:26 PM
Assunto:  Bitch. Dogs: male and female.

Mensagem: 

At least in the mainstream press 'bitch' is used a lot, don´t know if it is in the streets,

I haven´t heard cable TV this days, and I admit I don´t remember just now.

The word is in all good dictionaries I have looked up, Collins, Cambridge etc so I am conviced that it is used this days.

The Google here search here only comb in a site, you put the word, then space then site with :   and it´s crawl into the site, having no bias about the outcome, you choose the best site you have the best output.        I tried up-to-date, state of the art ones, the likes of Guardian, The Economist and Newsweek for a sample; albeit I know that any other good site would yield examples as well.

In everyday conversation, though, I think it can be another can of worms.

bitch site:www.guardian.co.uk/books

Kate Figes on calling a woman a bitch | Books | The Guardian - [ Traduzir esta página ]26 Jan 2007 ... It's an insult often thrown at women who are strong, ambitious and outspoken. We'll take that as a compliment then, says Kate Figes.
www.guardian.co.uk/books/2007/jan/26/gender.society - 87k -

Review: Harm's Way by Celia Walden | Books | The Observer - [ Traduzir esta página ]Celia Walden has done a daring thing in Harm's Way, her first novel: she has made her central character a bitch. Following Flaubert in Sentimental Education ...
www.guardian.co.uk/books/2008/aug/31/fiction - 85k - Em cache - Páginas Semelhantes

Review: The Big Fat Bitch Book by Kate Figes, and Achtung ... - [ Traduzir esta página ]In a literary battle of the sexes between The Big Fat Bitch Book by Kate Figes, and Harry Pearson's Achtung Schweinehund! the geeks have the upper hand, ...
www.guardian.co.uk/books/2007/feb/10/society1 - 87k - Em cache - Páginas Semelhantes

Sanjiv Bhattacharya: Look back at Anger | Books | The Observer - [ Traduzir esta página ]22 Aug 2004 ... 'Right, I'm going to tell that fucking bitch to shut up! ... The bitch. Now, she's made me forget what we were talking about. ...
www.guardian.co.uk/books/2004/aug/22/fiction.features6 - 100k -

bitch site:www.economist.com
Economist.com - [ Traduzir esta página ]Hillary was constantly portrayed as a cold, calculating bitch. Anytime she attempted to debate or challenge Obama's positions, she was quickly hit with the ...
www.economist.com/comments/report_abuse.cfm?cid=89972&returnUrl=%

Such are the ironies of life | Democracy in America | Economist.com - [ Traduzir esta página ]Sullivan's signature writer turned out to be Camille Paglia, who termed the then-First Lady, "Hillary the man-woman and bitch goddess. ...
www.economist.com/blogs/democracyinamerica/2007/06/such_are_the_ironies_of_life.cfm -

bitch site:www.newsweek.com/
Starr: Isiah and the NBA's Race Problem | Newsweek Voices - Mark ... - [ Traduzir esta página ]2 Oct 2007 ... According to Browne Sanders, Thomas told her, "Bitch, I don't give a f--- about these white people." Nor, according to Browne Sanders, ...
www.newsweek.com/id/42207 - 55k - Em cache - Páginas Semelhantes

Sarah Palin: An Apostle of Alaska | Newsweek Politics: Campaign ... - [ Traduzir esta página ]However, there is a rumor that Palin herself called Hillary a bitch and Obama a ... You can call Omaar a son of a bitch if he calls Palin a bitch, I guess. ...
www.newsweek.com/id/157696/output/comments/page/26 - 99k -

Envie uma resposta
Índice de mensagens

English Made in Brazil -- English, Portuguese, & contrastive linguistics
Bitch  –  ABS  15/MAI/2009, 9:22 PM
Bitch  –  PPAULO  15/MAI/2009, 9:34 PM
Bitch  –  ABS  15/MAI/2009, 9:42 PM
Bitch. Dogs: male and female.  –  PPAULO  15/MAI/2009, 9:58 PM
Bitch. Dogs: male and female.  –  Dale-CR  15/MAI/2009, 11:09 PM
Bitch. Dogs: male and female.  –  PPAULO  16/MAI/2009, 12:14 AM
Bitch. Dogs: male and female.  –  PPAULO  16/MAI/2009, 12:19 AM
Bitch. Dogs: male and female.  –  Dale-CR  16/MAI/2009, 11:56 AM