ENGLISH
PORTUGUESE
 LINGUISTICS & CULTURE

Autor:  PPAULO
E-mail:  não-disponível
Data:  17/MAI/2009 10:07 PM
Assunto:  regime

Mensagem: 

Como dizer em ingles  curso para 40 pessoas em regime interno e 70 pessoas em regime externo' ? Nao me parece que internal ou external regime traduz a frase.
E mais uma coisa, como dizer 'produzir e providenciar materiais de estudo'?  Esta' correto dizer 'produce and provide materials for study?
Grata

====================================

Well, boarding school is a 'internato' so, for the time being I would say that 40 pupils will be boarders and 70 day students/pupils.

This, at first (you know from what I gather from this site:

http://www.ukstudentlife.com/Course/Boarding.htm

The boys still wear a formal school uniform: a black tailcoat and waistcoat and pin-striped trousers (top hats have not been worn since the 1940s). Students at Eton are all boarders (some other public schools accept dayboys as well). Boys live in dormitories in a "house" (run by a "house master"). They have their own small rooms with a bed and desk. The main team sports which are played are rugby and football in the winter and spring, and either cricket or rowing in the summer. Other popular activities include drama and music. There are daily services in the chapels. Senior boys may take part in military training (in what is called the Combined Cadet Force), or choose to do social service in the community.

========================

Let´s wait Dale, Ricardo, or other participants give the American counterpart of the word.

Envie uma resposta
Índice de mensagens

English Made in Brazil -- English, Portuguese, & contrastive linguistics
regime  –  Liana  17/MAI/2009, 10:08 AM
 regime  –  PPAULO  17/MAI/2009, 10:07 PM
Providenciar material escolar.  –  PPAULO  18/MAI/2009, 6:31 PM
Providenciar material escolar.  –  Liana  18/MAI/2009, 10:57 PM
Providenciar material escolar.  –  PPAULO  18/MAI/2009, 11:21 PM

Contents of this forum are copy-free.
By S&K