[  EMB's Main Menu  |  Forum Index  |  Cadastro  |  Search  ]

ENGLISH
PORTUGUESE
 LINGUISTICS & CULTURE

Autor:  Miguel Vieira
E-mail:  não-disponível
Data:  23/FEV/2004 12:48 AM
Assunto:  Joao Barros-The Mormos-Utah- and the U.S. MBA

Mensagem:  Dear Joao Barros, I wish you good luck in getting that scholarship. An MBA from a U.S. college would open doors that would otherwise be eternally closed in Brazil. Anyway, as I told you a little while ago, the Mormons have a huge influence in Utah. BYU is pretty much run by the Mormon Church. Furthermore, as you know, sexuality is seen differently in the U.S. and certainly in Utah then it is seen in Brazil. You see, in America sex (sexuality) is seen as being 'dirty'. Interestingly enough, human beings are sexual beings and NEED sex. Repressing your sexual urges is not going to solve your problems. At first, the students and Mormons in general in Utah will strike you as being sexually repressed. But once you put everything into historical, geographical and cultural context you will understand why they (Americans) are the way they are. The only disappointment you may face is the contradiction and hypocrisy you will experience. But then again, contradiction and hypocrisy are intrinsically part of being human, right? Good Luck

Envie uma resposta
Índice de mensagens

English Made in Brazil -- English, Portuguese, & contrastive linguistics
 Joao Barros-The Mormos-Utah- and the U.S. MBA  –  Miguel Vieira  23/FEV/2004, 12:48 AM
Re: Joao Barros-The Mormos-Utah- and the U.S. MBA  –  João Barros  23/FEV/2004, 6:33 PM
What a Mormon wrote to me  –  Tom  24/FEV/2004, 12:12 AM
Re: What a Mormon wrote to me  –  Miguel Vieira  24/FEV/2004, 2:06 PM
Re: What a Mormon wrote to me  –  José Roberto  24/FEV/2004, 3:35 PM
Re: What a Mormon wrote to me  –  Miguel Vieira  24/FEV/2004, 4:12 PM
Re: What a Mormon wrote to me  –  Joao Barros  24/FEV/2004, 5:04 PM

Contents of this forum are copy-free.
By S&K