[  EMB's Main Menu  |  Forum Index  |  Cadastro  |  Search  ]

ENGLISH
PORTUGUESE
 LINGUISTICS & CULTURE

Autor:  João Barros
E-mail:  não-disponível
Data:  23/FEV/2004 6:33 PM
Assunto:  Re: Joao Barros-The Mormos-Utah- and the U.S. MBA

Mensagem:  Initially I am going for a short stay in Utah. I'm going to visit BYU's facilities, the Marriott School of Management, I'll have interviews, and I'll take a GMAT crash course there. Then I'll come back and hpefully I'll be accepted in their scholarship and will be able to star the 2-year MBA program this coming September. I have done a lot of research on Utah now. BYU is under the direction of the Mormon Church, and they told me here in Brazil that they don't like to be called the Mormon Church. I have talked to some missionaries from Utah and they told me they prefer to be called LDS Church in Utah. Some other people told me that Salt Lake City and their people are similar to the people in Curitiba. BYU is at about 50 miles away from Salt Lake City in what used to be a rural area, and now is more developed. I hope it will be a great experience, going there and getting to know their culture. João Barros.

Envie uma resposta
Índice de mensagens

English Made in Brazil -- English, Portuguese, & contrastive linguistics
Joao Barros-The Mormos-Utah- and the U.S. MBA  –  Miguel Vieira  23/FEV/2004, 12:48 AM
 Re: Joao Barros-The Mormos-Utah- and the U.S. MBA  –  João Barros  23/FEV/2004, 6:33 PM
What a Mormon wrote to me  –  Tom  24/FEV/2004, 12:12 AM
Re: What a Mormon wrote to me  –  Miguel Vieira  24/FEV/2004, 2:06 PM
Re: What a Mormon wrote to me  –  José Roberto  24/FEV/2004, 3:35 PM
Re: What a Mormon wrote to me  –  Miguel Vieira  24/FEV/2004, 4:12 PM
Re: What a Mormon wrote to me  –  Joao Barros  24/FEV/2004, 5:04 PM

Contents of this forum are copy-free.
By S&K