ENGLISH
PORTUGUESE
 LINGUISTICS & CULTURE

Autor:  PPAULO
E-mail:  não-disponível
Data:  07/JUL/2009 1:06 PM
Assunto:  Nota de agradecimento/despedida

Mensagem: 

Come on, guy, you´re sweating the small stuff!   No big deal in being upset once in a while.    I have experienced situations like that in several other forums, and it happened

at the end of the day that I became friends with the guy or girl that were in the other side.

It´s all about ideas, not about us specifically.

Your admission of having screw something might work as a sign of strengh and prove that you are a smart ass (which we think you are), not as a sign of weakness and humiliation (what seems like you think, now; or at least you make the point of  letting us think so.)

How many times I have the feeling that someone else was getting on my back here and out there? several times...but here I am.

It´s a man trait, to let the strogen take over and go in retreat.  In the book Man are from Mars...women..." the author (rightly) says that men go the "cave" to be alone and think and work out a problem.   Women, act in a different fashion, they get to converse with the nearest person around to try to solve them, even if the nearest one is a guy that bear a grudge and stick to it (worse still, the guy makes of his grudge a philosophy of life of sorts).

What I am trying to get at? we need to learn of them (women) in many ways, though it sometimes goes against our very nature...

And when I say that, this don´t mean that I am not above guy; that I am different and it´s not difficult to me. Mainly, when I have enough in my plate, I am depressed, my debts are pilling up, my neighbour upstairs spat every night or on every possible hour, the teen next door turn up his stereo in the loudest roaring volume, or someone upstair scraps the ceiling by pulling their furnitures at every night.

Or all that in a single day or time.  

Thus, I know what you mean, but don´t let nothing get on your way, on your learning way (unless you are satisfied and you deem your aprenticeship finished, you know everything or simply you know enough...)

It´s up to you, but we understand you anyway, whatever decision you make.

On the other time, I will be somewhat disapointed that you are going, just in the month I was thinking to go to Recife and I was in need of a host...he he he. Kidding you around...    I am in fortnight leave, and I have so much to do...

Take care buddy. And think about it.

PP.

Envie uma resposta
Índice de mensagens

English Made in Brazil -- English, Portuguese, & contrastive linguistics
Não sujar na entrada, mas na saída  –  Márcio Farias  06/JUL/2009, 1:40 PM
Não sujar na entrada, mas na saída  –  Joke  06/JUL/2009, 12:50 PM
Não sujar na entrada, mas na saída  –  Márcio Farias  06/JUL/2009, 1:27 PM
Não sujar na entrada, mas na saída  –  NN  06/JUL/2009, 3:20 PM
Não sujar na entrada, mas na saída  –  PPAULO  06/JUL/2009, 8:44 PM
Não sujar na entrada, mas na saída  –  PPAULO  06/JUL/2009, 8:47 PM
TO PPaulo  –  Paulo S  07/JUL/2009, 1:18 PM