[  EMB's Main Menu  |  Forum Index  |  Cadastro  |  Search  ]

ENGLISH
PORTUGUESE
 LINGUISTICS & CULTURE

Autor:  Tom
E-mail:  não-disponível
Data:  29/FEV/2004 1:19 PM
Assunto:  Re: Idiomatic expressions

Mensagem:  Are we doing your homework for you? Here are some examples: Mensagem: Could someone give me an example with these expressions? "to get even with", "to get ahead", "to cut out", "to be keen on", "light-year". Thanks a lot! "He stole my bicycle. I'm going to get even with him some day. Maybe I'll burn down his house." "The only way you will get ahead in this business is to be a cut throat salesman. Lower the prices to increase your sales volume. Drive the other merchants out of business!!" "Okay guys, cut it out!! I can't stand your noise. No playing drums after nine o'clock PM!! Cut it out right now, STOP!!" "I'm not really keen on eating raw oysters. What if I catch hepatitis? Is it worth the risk?" "The chance of a green party candidate making it to the White House as president is light years away.....it's never happen in your lifetime." "The space ship traveled for the equivalent of fifty thousand light years in just a few hours due to the magnificent discovery of skipping through space in a time warp." There ya go!! Tom

Envie uma resposta
Índice de mensagens

English Made in Brazil -- English, Portuguese, & contrastive linguistics
Idiomatic expressions  –  Laura  29/FEV/2004, 11:49 AM
 Re: Idiomatic expressions  –  Tom  29/FEV/2004, 1:19 PM
Re: Idiomatic expressions  –  Laura  01/MAR/2004, 8:01 AM

Contents of this forum are copy-free.
By S&K