[  EMB's Main Menu  |  Forum Index  |  Cadastro  |  Search  ]

ENGLISH
PORTUGUESE
 LINGUISTICS & CULTURE

Autor:  André Costa
E-mail:  andre_costa2002@yahoo.com.br
Data:  02/JAN/2003 7:58 PM
Assunto:  Brazil Port versus Euro Port

Mensagem:  Regarding the polemic about European Portuguese and Brazilian, in my humble opinion I don't think that Portuguese from Portugal is that different from Brazil's. I mean, we have rather distinct accents but in terms of vocabulary, there are some differences of course... but are they that many? I think not. And I don't wanna be misinterpreted when I say that we Portuguese haven't any problems in understanding you, (maybe coz we watch some Brazilian soap operas and there are many Brazilians living here), we are very acquainted with Brazilian accent and some slang as well. However, it seems to me that you think it's difficult to understand us but I'm sorry if I seem to be arrogant or something, that thought reminds me the Spanish. They are always complaining they can't understand us and we understand them perfectly. Maybe if there were more Portuguese in Brazil or if you had the chance to hear more Portuguese TV programs you wouldn't find "our Portuguese" so awful and queer!!!! We all feel very close to Brazil, we always support Brazil's soccer team in every world cup, we hired Scolari to be our coach, we realize what's going on there politicaly (last elections with Lula's victory) I wonder if it's the same with you?

Envie uma resposta
Índice de mensagens

English Made in Brazil -- English, Portuguese, & contrastive linguistics
 Brazil Port versus Euro Port  –  André Costa  02/JAN/2003, 7:58 PM
Re: Brazil Port versus Euro Port  –  José Roberto  03/JAN/2003, 12:48 AM
Re: Brazil Port versus Euro Port  –  pat  03/JAN/2003, 1:26 AM
Re: Brazil Port versus Euro Port  –  Daniel  03/JAN/2003, 3:45 AM
Re: Brazil Port versus Euro Port  –  Ricardo - EMB -  03/JAN/2003, 2:46 PM
Re: Brazil Port versus Euro Port  –  pat  03/JAN/2003, 10:49 PM
Re: Brazil Port versus Euro Port  –  André Costa  04/JAN/2003, 10:12 AM
Re: Brazil Port versus Euro Port  –  Ricardo - EMB -  04/JAN/2003, 11:36 AM
Re: Brazil Port versus Euro Port  –  Ana  03/JAN/2003, 9:53 AM