[  EMB's Main Menu  |  Forum Index  |  Cadastro  |  Search  ]

ENGLISH
PORTUGUESE
 LINGUISTICS & CULTURE

Autor:  Ana
E-mail:  não-disponível
Data:  03/JAN/2003 9:53 AM
Assunto:  Re: Brazil Port versus Euro Port

Mensagem:  Hello André, Don't worry you don't sound arrogant, we understand what you mean. But not all Brazilians find your Portuguese awful and queer, where do you get that idea from? I just love the sound of Portuguese. I don't always understand it at first hearing, though. A friend gave me a tape with music by Xutos Pontapés, Trovante, Rui Veloso etc and I couldn't understand some of the lyrics. I had to search on the Internet for them. After reading the lyrics, I listened again to the music and everything made sense. I was very puzzled by this and asked other Brazilian friends to listen to the same songs (without giving them the lyrics to read...) and they couldn't understand some of the sentences either. So I hope you don't dismiss my inability to understand you as "má vontade". Sure it isn't. By the way, I'm still searching for the lyrics of "O negro do rádio de pilhas" (Rui Veloso). I can understand most of it but some sentences are still a mystery. I find some singers easier to understand than others. I've never had any problems with Mafalda Veiga, everything she says is crystal clear to me. The experience you have with Spanish speakers is something I can relate to. I understand them perfectly OK, but for some reason they have problems understanding me. Regards, Ana.

Envie uma resposta
Índice de mensagens

English Made in Brazil -- English, Portuguese, & contrastive linguistics
Brazil Port versus Euro Port  –  André Costa  02/JAN/2003, 7:58 PM
Re: Brazil Port versus Euro Port  –  José Roberto  03/JAN/2003, 12:48 AM
Re: Brazil Port versus Euro Port  –  pat  03/JAN/2003, 1:26 AM
Re: Brazil Port versus Euro Port  –  Daniel  03/JAN/2003, 3:45 AM
Re: Brazil Port versus Euro Port  –  Ricardo - EMB -  03/JAN/2003, 2:46 PM
Re: Brazil Port versus Euro Port  –  pat  03/JAN/2003, 10:49 PM
Re: Brazil Port versus Euro Port  –  André Costa  04/JAN/2003, 10:12 AM
Re: Brazil Port versus Euro Port  –  Ricardo - EMB -  04/JAN/2003, 11:36 AM
 Re: Brazil Port versus Euro Port  –  Ana  03/JAN/2003, 9:53 AM