Fórum EMB de Discussões
[  EMB's Main Menu  |  Forum Index  |  Cadastro  |  Search  ]

Autor:  Tom
E-mail:  não-disponível
Data:  13/MAR/2004 4:19 PM
Assunto:  Re: Take a ride
Mensagem:  Thanks. I guess the word I am looking for is "voltas" when you say you are going to take a ride. So, what's the word for the mechanical object, the roller coaster, the tilt-a-whirl, the flying carpet, etc? We say we are going for a ride on a ride. "I'm going to ride that ride until I see stars in my head!" Seems strange to have the same word in both cases. I don't think it's correct to call the montanha russa a brinquedo. Is there a noun or collective noun for this type of thing? We call them fair rides, amusement park rides, Disneyland rides, etc.

Envie uma resposta
Índice de mensagens

 English Made in Brazil -- English, Portuguese, & contrastive linguistics
Take a ride  –  Tom  13/MAR/2004, 1:09 PM
Re: Take a ride  –  Marco  13/MAR/2004, 2:31 PM
 Re: Take a ride  –  Tom  13/MAR/2004, 4:19 PM
Re: Take a ride  –  Johannes  15/MAR/2004, 10:34 AM

Contents of this forum are copy-free.
By S&K