[  EMB's Main Menu  |  Forum Index  |  Cadastro  |  Search  ]

ENGLISH
PORTUGUESE
 LINGUISTICS & CULTURE

Autor:  pat
E-mail:  não-disponível
Data:  27/MAR/2004 10:54 AM
Assunto:  agricultura Brasileira

Mensagem:  Ola Pessoal, Eu vou escrever este no ingles, porgue eh um assunto complicada de mais pra mim explicar na lingua portuguesa. There has been news recently about how Brasil is becoming a major competitor with the US in the production of staple crops (soybeans, wheat, corn, etc). In fact, experts predict that Brasil will have more land under cultivation than the US within perhaps ten years or so, because there are millions of acre of suitable lands currently unused in Brasil - whereas in the US nearly all suitable land is already under cultivation, and every year large areas fall into other uses. I read one article in a brasilian magazine which cast this picture as very exciting and hopeful for northern brasil and its people. I read another in yeterday's new york times which I think is more accurate: it will be a "race to the bottom". Brasil will probably win the race, and be at the bottom in terms of living conditions for the workers and environmental conditions of vast areas. I think Brasil (Lula) should stop exporting its future fertility and use it instead to grow food for Brasilians. Americans should use their wealth to support small-scale agriculture instead of always looking for the best bargain. O que voces pensam?

Envie uma resposta
Índice de mensagens

English Made in Brazil -- English, Portuguese, & contrastive linguistics
 agricultura Brasileira  –  pat  27/MAR/2004, 10:54 AM
Re: agricultura Brasileira  –  orlando  27/MAR/2004, 4:31 PM
Re: Agricultura Brasileira  –  Johannes  28/MAR/2004, 7:50 AM
Re: Agricultura Brasileira  –  pat  28/MAR/2004, 2:06 PM

Contents of this forum are copy-free.
By S&K